04 November 2013

My notebook - Word. Notebooks


Yesterday, I did a post regarding The Standard Memorandum, which is currently available on
Word. Notebooks website.
So, let's talk about Word.

I chanced upon Word. Notebooks not too long ago, and was instantly attracted by the cover of the notebook (particularly the Traditional Camo design). 

Recently, a friend handed my a copy of Word. Notebooks {Swedish camo design} to try out  (thanks ChungHowe). I decided to bring it with me for an outdoor training, to journal my training experience; But when the training ended, I only managed to use up 6 pages. 


"As users and fans of notebooks, we wanted to create the ideal one to keep in our pocket at all times. A notebook that was both stylish and functional. Something aesthetically pleasing that could also handle all the lists we craft on a daily basis.

During a meeting earlier this year, we realized all of our notebooks happened to be filled with bullet points, strikethroughs and assorted combinations of numbers and letters we used in an effort to keep things orderly. They looked a mess. We wondered if we could standardize a system for all these lists and scribbles and pack it inside a good looking notebook? 

These are Word. Notebooks.

Each features a unique system for keeping all the things you jot down in order. Your to-do lists will be cleaner, your notes will be more organized and your notebook won’t look like a disaster. Every Word. Notebook is designed and made right in the USA.

We hope they become your go-to pocket notebook." ~ Creative direction for Word. Notebooks by Evan Walker.

So how I feel about the Word. Notebooks?
This notebook has a system built it inside it.
Personally, I like the cover of this notebook - it gives me a feel that it can withstand toughest. 
I like the paper quality; it doesn't feel flimsy compared to other notebooks.
It is compact, and easy to bring around.



When I opened up the notebook, this is what I see on the cover (interior side).
On the left, there's where I can indicate the Date, Year, and Month.
On the right, there is a Use Guide which I can depend on when using the notebook.
This design is suitable for me as
(1) I have a habit of writing the date whenever I started a new notebook, &
(2) I like to create To-Do-List on my notebook, so this design works for me.

The Use Guide is somewhat similar to Bullet Journal (you can watch the video to learn more about it).
If you are someone who like to create To-Do-List in your notebooks, this is for you. 


On every page, there's a column of circles printed on the left hand side. 
It doesn't bother me much actually. 

The paper quality is much better than some notebook; I used a Staedtler Triplus Fineliner in the above picture. The ink doesn't sock through the page. 


As you can see, there isn't much damage when I used it with a wet-ink pen. 


Some users might be bothered by the impression left from the previous page. 
It actually varies from pen-to-pen; I used Pilot G-2 and it did not leave any impression on the next page. 
As for fountain pen, I have yet try it. I will do a review when I pen the notebook with my Lamy Safari. 


The back of the notebook proudly indicates that it was MADE IN THE U.S.A.


This 48-pages lined notebook, measures 3.5" x 5.5".
It is the same size of FieldNotes, or Moleskine Cahier.
And if you are using notebook of this size, you might want to give Word. Notebooks a try. 

"Everyone deserves a notebook."
~ Blank and Write ~

No comments:

Post a Comment